Thursday, August 31, 2017

A Question

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f1/Illuminated_letter_U_between_1210_and_1230_..JPGThe majority of westerners view a painting from left to right. This is due to the fact that’s how almost all western writing systems read. This is very important to consider as an artist when creating a composition, or is it?

The practice of skim reading is rising. It’s mostly because of the internet. The use of headings, bullet-pointed lists, and text boxes are becoming more prevalent, even in traditional publishing. I recently read a non-fiction book that had all of these.

 I was reading an article about reading comprehension (yeah, I read about reading) and it explained how skimming trains the eyes to move without discipline. I stopped and wondered if that has any impact on art.

So my question to you is, ‘do you think because of this we’re going to see a change in art?' More specifically composition.


No comments:

Post a Comment