Saturday, November 12, 2016

Current Read: Show Your Work! by Austin Kleon

Show Your Work! by Austin Kleon

I'm currently reading, Show Your Work by Austin Kleon. 

I find most of it common sense, but a reminder every now and then is always good. I like his no nonsense, just sharing approach to social media. He mentions how the 'pre-digital age' artists have trouble with just sharing, with having that amount of information online. I related to this because it's not my normal nature to share. I'm a 'on a need to know basis' type of personality, you'll when I want to you to know. I'm trying to work on this, for my writing skills, if nothing else. But I've had a bit of a rocky start if the dates on these posts have anything to show.  Some of the illustrations are great and put things into perspective simply and straightforwardly. Like this one explaining how flow can turn into stock over time. 

Illustration: Flow starts out varied and little (posts, tweets, vids) and turns into Stock (series on blogs, youtube, etc.)

No comments:

Post a Comment